The Santa Rosa County School Readiness Coalition, Inc. dba the Early Learning Coalition of Santa Rosa County (Coalition), is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in December 1999 prior to the enactment of Florida Statute 411.01 in May 2001. The Coalition is responsible for the oversight and funding of early education and childcare programs using federal, state and local funding sources.
In January 2007, the Coalition began directly providing services that had been previously contracted to Children’s Services Center. Then in September 2007, the Coalition relocated due to the growth in staff resulting from the assumption of services and with the goal of modernizing the training facility and lending library that is used by providers and parents.
Whistleblower Policy (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- School readiness child care, including child care slot payments and eligibility services;
- Resource and referral services;
- Provider services and support, including technical assistance and training for child care providers;
- Parent/child services including technical assistance and support for parents/caregivers;
- Infant/toddler services;
- Inclusion services; quality activities including provider and partner scholarships and mini-grants;
- Support for fine art activities, nursing services, mental health initiatives, and the purchase of books, toys, supplies and equipment to be used by child care providers;
- Voluntary pre-kindergarten oversight activities included provider recruitment and training, implementation, public awareness, administration, enrollment, monitoring and slot payments.